Ace Answering Service is committed to providing you the customer and caller, with the highest levels of customer service. This includes protecting your privacy. “Ace Answering” is bound by the Privacy Act 1988, which sets out a number of principles concerning the protection of your personal information.
Set out below is information that Ace Answering is required to communicate to our customers and callers. We recommend that you keep this information for future reference. This information does not restrict Ace Answering rights under the Privacy Act in any way.
Ace Answering Service
Ace Answering, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Berjasanlinks Pty Ltd and is responsible for providing on behalf of Ace Answering customers an answering service. Customers switch their phones over to Ace Answering and phones are answered on behalf of the customer and calls are executed within guidelines provided by the customer. The service levels will vary the type of information we need in order to perform work on behalf of our customer. We obtain certain basic information from the customer and the caller. Based on this information we execute the customer requirements. All inbound callers are recorded to assist parties clarify caller information and from time to time to resolve disputes to protect all parties.
Personal information held by Ace Answering Service may include the name, date of birth, current and previous addresses, telephone/mobile phone number, e-mail address, bank account or credit card details, preferences for using our websites, occupation, driver’s licence number and your Ace Answering Service password.
If you choose not to provide us with certain personal information, we may not be able to provide the services required, or the level of service on which we pride ourselves.
In order to provide a service we will enter and hold your personal information on our data base and/or database systems. Occasionally, you may need to provide personal information about other individuals to (Ace Answering Service eg about your authorised representatives). If so, we rely on you to inform those individuals that they are providing their personal information to Ace Answering Service and advise them that we can be contacted for further information.
How we collect personal information
Ace Answering Service collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, when provided information by phone, by marketing or application forms or when information is submitted to us through our websites (eg by email or Cookies.
- from third parties such as our related companies, carriage service providers, credit reporting agencies or your representatives;
- from publicly available sources of information;
- from the organisations identified below under “When we disclose your personal information”;
- from our own records of how you use our services; or
- when legally required to do so.
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used in order to:
- verify your identity;
- assist you to subscribe to our services;
- provide the services you require, including receptionist service, booking service, complaints & query service, emergency response service, order entry service;
- administer and manage those services, including verifying voice communications, charging, billing and collecting debts;
- make changes to your profile;
- respond to any queries or feedback you may have;
- inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved;
- conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- research and develop our services;
- gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for us to provide you with a better service;
- maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
When we disclose your personal information
In order to deliver the services you require and for the purposes set out above, Ace Answering Service may disclose your personal information to organisations outside Ace answering Service. Your personal information is disclosed to these organisations only in relation to Ace answering Service and related companies providing services to you. These organisations may carry out:
- customer enquiries;
- mailing systems;
- billing and debt-recovery functions;
- information technology services;
Ace answering Service takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information. In addition, we may disclose your personal information to:
- your authorised representatives or legal advisers (when requested by you to do so);
- credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- credit providers (for credit related purposes such as creditworthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing);
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law;
- organisations who manage our business and corporate strategies, including those involved in a transfer/sale of all or part of our assets or business (including accounts and trade receivables)
Ace answering Service web site
Ace answering Service also collects Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. IP addresses are assigned to computers on the internet to uniquely identify them within the global network. Ace answering Service collects and manages IP addresses as part of the service of providing internet session management and for security purposes.
Third party sites
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
Ace answering Service takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That’s why we recommend that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- keep us up to date with changes to company profile, staff and personal information and address changes.
How to contact us
Post: P.O. Box 1056 Cromer Victoria 3090